This proposal, led by UL, will be implemented through 7 work packages, and overseen by UL’s Dean of Teaching and Learning, Dr Fiona Farr. The lead contacts from each institution, and the relevant Heads of Department are listed here:
|Institution||Plenary Group Member||Head of Department/School|
|DCU||Dr Françoise Blin||Prof. Dorothy Kenny|
|DIT||Odette Gabaudan||Dr Christopher Dixon|
|LIT||Dr Caitríona Ní Chasaide||Eoghan Sadlier|
|MIC||Dr Sabine Egger||Máire Ní Neachtain|
|NUIG||Dr Laura McLoughlin||Dr Kate Quinn|
|UL||Dr Liam Murray||Dr Cinta Ramblado|
Each partner institution will contribute to the implementation and coordination of the work packages as follows:
Work package and coordination Timeframe Details:
- Educational Development: Technology (Project Co-ordination) (UL) Jan 2016 – June 2017 Operation and co-ordination, and working with each of the partners.
- Research and Evaluation (UL) Jan 2016 – June 2016
April 2017 – May 2017 Research with target users and final evaluation of the portal.
- Digital Literacies for Language Development (DCU) Jan 2016 – June 2017 Design, develop, and pilot a digital literacies toolkit for language learning in line with the All Aboard National Framework for Digital Skills
- Language Learning Skills and Practices (NUIG) Jan 2016 – June 2017 Curate existing OERs and where necessary create new materials for the four intralingual skills, as well as domains of use.
- Transitions to third level language learning environments (UL) Jan 2016 – June 2017 Curate and create, materials to enhance the transition to language learning in HE.
- Localisation Pilot Project (NUIG) Jan 2017 – June 2017 Localise the project website into Irish with a view to creating a template for possible further use with other languages.
- Technical Design and Development (UL) Jan 2017 – June 2017 Develop the technical aspects around the portal and the contents from WPs 3, 4, and 5.